PAINTING

Newly Found Painting Style Now Find Your Own!


When I started to paint, it was mostly me using watercolors, and, well, wasting them. Not that the art that I created was terrible, but it was for useless things, like sketches, or not using the correct techniques. Now that I'm older, I know the techniques to use, what I need to do to get a certain effect, or how to fix my mistakes (something incredibly hard to do when working with watercolors). But now that I'm in an actual painting class, we use acrylics. Now, usually I wouldn't care for acrylic- it dries fast, it leaves streaks, you can't layer it well, and it doesn't blend well on the paper. However, I've found an acrylic style that I love, and I hope to improve. 

© Ryann Jensen
Fruit Study by Ryann Jensen 
A painterly style that reflects you is key. For me, messy edges, frequent dry brushing, and multicolored backgrounds is a style I love. Impressionism is my favorite style. The way you don't have to care about how smooth your lines are, or if it looks realistic is so assuring to me, and so relaxing. For you, however, may be something different.

Do your research. Find a style or artist that you enjoy. Learn about them and their techniques. If they're a modern artist, look up videos and watch how they paint. Combine different artists if you so choose.

If you don't want to have a reference for painting, or if you don't want to resemble another painter, play around with your canvas. Interpret your own way to paint. Put on music and paint what you see.

Word Count: 268

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Juxtaposed Colors Blog Design by Ipietoon